The TMA has released an updated FAQ on COVID-19 testing information. The FAQ provides answers to such questions as:
- Which patients should physicians test for COVID-19?
- Is testing available through commercial and/or public health laboratories?
- Are serological tests recommended for use in testing for COVID-19?
- What molecular tests for COVID-19 have been authorized for emergency by the FDA?
This is a developing issue, and we encourage you to use the following resources to stay informed with the most up-to-date and reliable information:
- Texas Medical Association (TMA) COVID-19 Resource Center
- Texas Medical Board (TMB) COVID-19 page
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 resource page
- Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) COVID-19 webpage
- The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) COVID-19 projections
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center
- TMLT Resource Hub - Coronavirus updates and resources