This course tells the individual stories of infectious disease, featured as closed claim studies. These studies are provided to help improve patient safety and reduce potential liability risks that may arise when treating patients.
At the conclusion of this educational activity, the physician should be able to:
- list allegations prevalent in lawsuits involving the treatment of infectious disease;
- describe strategies to reduce diagnostic errors;
- discuss issues associated with allegations of failure to follow-up;
- identify the types and causes of communication errors; and
- explain how good documentation techniques can help prevent malpractice claims.
TMLT policyholders who complete this program may earn a 3% discount that will be applied to their next eligible policy period.
The Texas Medical Liability Trust designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This course has been designated by TMLT for 1 credit in medical ethics and/or professional responsibility.