Using case studies, this course will describe five common errors that can increase the risk of a malpractice suit and offer risk management techniques to address these issues.
At the conclusion of this educational activity, the physician should be able to:
- identify risk management practices that can enhance patient safety and improve defensibility;
- describe how interpersonal and communication skills can enhance physician-patient relationships;
- explain how good documentation techniques can help prevent malpractice claims;
- list prevalent concerns in lawsuits involving failure to follow up; and
- discuss issues associated with medication errors.
TMLT policyholders who complete this program may earn a 3% discount that will be applied to their next eligible policy period.
The Texas Medical Liability Trust designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM and 1 credit in medical ethics and/or professional responsibility.