August 7, 2007
TMLT awards seven scholarships
Laura Brockway, communications and advertising manager
(512) 425-5936 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Austin, TX — Texas Medical Liability Trust (TMLT) is proud to announce the winners of the 2007 TMLT Memorial Scholarships.
- John Chiara is a fourth-year medical student at Texas Tech University Health Science Center School of Medicine. (Mr. Chiara also won the scholarship from Texas Tech in 2006.)
- Paul Chin is a fourth-year medical student at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School.
- Julie Cummings is a fourth-year medical student at the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston.
- Stanford T. Israelsen is a fourth-year medical student at Baylor College of Medicine.
- Jason R. Pearce is a fourth-year medical student at University of Texas Medical School at Houston.
- Eric South is a third-year medical student at the University of North Texas Health Science Center's Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- John Wilkinson is a fourth-year medical student at Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine.
The $5,000 scholarships were awarded to one student at each Texas medical school that participated in the competition. Scholarship recipients were chosen based on each student's financial need and written essay. Winning essays will be published on the TMLT web site (www.tmlt.org) and in TMLT's newsletter, the Reporter.
The TMLT Memorial Scholarships recognize Texas medical students who are interested in finding creative ways to enhance patient safety and who can communicate their ideas in a short essay.
Texas Medical Liability Trust is a physician-owned, health care liability claim trust offering medical liability insurance products to Texas physicians. Created in 1979 by Texas Medical Association, TMLT currently protects more than 14,000 physicians in all specialties practicing in all areas of the state.