Each case in this course describes how actions or inactions on the part of physicians led to allegations of professional liability. While certain claim allegations may be limited to specific specialties, errors in documentation, prescriptions, and diagnoses may occur across all medical specialties.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- recognize practical strategies to avoid litigation and enhance defensibility in the event of a lawsuit;
- discuss issues associated with allegations of improper performance;
- identify the types and causes of communication errors;
- explain how good documentation techniques can help prevent malpractice claims;
- list allegations prevalent in lawsuits involving failure to follow up; and
- describe strategies to reduce diagnostic errors.
TMLT policyholders who complete this program may earn a 3% discount that will be applied to their next eligible policy period.
The Texas Medical Liability Trust designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM and 1 credit in medical ethics and/or professional responsibility.