On July 1, 2021, we're expanding and updating our cyber liability coverage. These updates represent a more proactive approach when it comes to managing and defending cyber claims.
Cyber liability coverage helps your practice survive a data breach or ransomware attack by covering losses from these and other cyber-related events. This coverage is included with every TMLT and LSA medical liability policy.
Here are the details about our upgraded cyber coverage.
- TMLT and LSA have partnered with Corvus Insurance — an insurance technology firm — to provide this coverage. Corvus uses machine learning and other tech to help predict and prevent cyber claims.
- Using Corvus technology, we can individually assess your practice’s online presence and reach out to you about any cyber vulnerabilities. Think of it as a practice review for your systems.
- If you experience a cyber event, you will work with the Corvus breach response team to help resolve the incident and their claim handling team to help recover damages.
- There is no increased premium cost for this coverage; but effective July 1, 2021, there will be a $2,500 per event deductible for cyber claims.
- Limits on cyber coverage remain $100,000. Higher limits will be available for purchase.
- For dentists covered under LSA, the limits are $50,000 per claim/$50,000 per policy period
If you are a TMLT or LSA policyholder, the changes to your cyber liability coverage will be automatically applied to your account at renewal. You will receive details about these policy updates with your policy renewal materials.
Questions? Please contact the customer service team at 800-580-8658 ext. 5050 or email@example.com.
About the AuthorVisit Website More Content by Laura Hale Brockway