August 5, 2016
Austin, TX — Recently, the Board of Governors of Texas Medical Liability Trust (TMLT) approved a 10% dividend for policyholders who renew in 2017. The dividend will save them approximately $13 million in 2017 premium. This is the twelfth time TMLT has declared a dividend, saving policyholders approximately $280 million since 2005.
Texas physicians interested in applying for TMLT coverage or learning how this dividend will benefit them can email or call the sales department at 800-580-8658, extension 8603. Current policyholders will receive detailed information about the dividend before their policy renews.
As the leading medical professional liability provider in Texas, the Trust offers its policyholders a strong defense and comprehensive coverage, including
- $175 million dedicated to the Trust Rewards program, a financial reward program that sets aside funds for policyholders at retirement;
- Medefense coverage for regulatory or administrative actions;
- cyber liability coverage for network security or privacy-related claims;
- risk assessments, IT consulting, risk management advice; and
- discounts for completion of risk management activities.
TMLT President and Chief Executive Officer quote
"After 12 years and $280 million given back through dividends, no company does more for physicians than TMLT. We are proud to be a business partner and proud to support Texas physicians throughout their careers,” says TMLT President and Chief Executive Officer Robert Donohoe.
The largest medical liability insurance provider in Texas, TMLT serves more than 19,000 health care professionals. Rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, TMLT is the only medical professional liability insurance provider exclusively endorsed by the Texas Medical Association. TMLT is headquartered in Austin, Texas.